- Why are there piles of leaves and clippings left on the ground in Whitfield Gardens?
- Join our Saturday morning gardening club this summer
- Saturday morning clean up and wildflower planting in Whitfield Gardens
- Oaks and hornbeams make a return in Whitfield Gardens and Crabtree Fields
- Grey squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) in Whitfield Gardens
Tag Archives: hazel
This month volunteers from the Friends group have been planting native hedges in Whitfield Gardens and Crabtree Fields to replace missing or damaged shrubs. In early April we planted around 50 bare root saplings: mostly blackthorn, with a mix of … Continue reading
As we approach mid-February catkins can be seen hanging from a hazel tree on Tottenham Street next to the Fitzrovia Mural in Whitfield Gardens public open space. Hazel has both male and female flowers on the same tree, although hazel … Continue reading