- Why are there piles of leaves and clippings left on the ground in Whitfield Gardens?
- Join our Saturday morning gardening club this summer
- Saturday morning clean up and wildflower planting in Whitfield Gardens
- Oaks and hornbeams make a return in Whitfield Gardens and Crabtree Fields
- Grey squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis) in Whitfield Gardens
Tag Archives: London parks
This month volunteers from the Friends group have been planting native hedges in Whitfield Gardens and Crabtree Fields to replace missing or damaged shrubs. In early April we planted around 50 bare root saplings: mostly blackthorn, with a mix of … Continue reading
We are bouncing up and down with excitement as we’ve just received in the post our Grow Wild seed kit from Kew Gardens, ready to sow native wildflowers in Whitfield Gardens. The seed kit was the result of a successful … Continue reading
The Friends group have been planting daffodils, snowdrops, tulips, hyacinths, and other bulbs in Whitfield Gardens this December, aiming to have flowers in bloom throughout the spring.